Detecting Outdated Decorating
Keeping your home up-to-date in today’s fast-paced world is a challenge. Your decorating might be outdated if you answer “yes” to one or more of these questions:
– Is your room painted a color that’s no longer in the paint fan decks at the home improvement stores?
– Is your room overwhelmed with patterned fabrics?
– Is your room wallpapered with coordinating borders and matching curtains?
– Does your room have oversized, undersized or all matching furniture pieces?
– Is your room full of small accessories and clutter?
– Does your room have track lighting?
I’m not suggesting if you say yes to any of the questions that your decorating is automatically outdated. These are just little prompts to help you think about your home in a new way.
Read More Here:
Fashion Forward Interiors
Illustrations by Alla Dreyvitser – Washington Post
Lisa Stewart is an interior designer serving the Triangle area of Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill, NC.
Comments are closed.